A configurable, visual interface
For an intuitive, fast planning, Direct Planning uses many visual items.
A few examples:
- Job colorization is fully customizable. It can be performed according to the data of the project (resource, employee, customer, order, priority, etc.). Moreover, all these data can be configured for your business.
- Blue arrows enable you to view the links between the jobs.
- Completed jobs are automatically grayed in order to catch less attention. A blue, horizontal bar just above the job shows its progress.
- Visual flags: fully configurable, colored rectangles, located just above or inside a job. They draw your attention on important information concerning the project.
- A padlock shows you that a job is locked, thus it cannot be moved.
- Alerts on jobs make it possible to notify probable or actual delay in the project. An alert can also reveal that a required item for the achievement of the project won’t be available in time.
- Jobs that have not been scheduled yet can be recorded on a line “to be scheduled” per resource.
A modern, intuitive interface
The interface of Direct Planning Project is particularly intuitive. It features ribbon menus that are very easy to use.
As for the planning, it can be achieved by drag and drop. It is simple to grasp. Training time for Direct Planning is very short.